Campaign outcomes are difficult to predict. There are so many variables which affect any campaign’s final result:
- The quality of the campaign concept
- The list quality or audience targeting
- The value of the offer
- The impact of the message and the creative
- The quality of the fulfillment
- The timing
- Sales follow-up and conversion
And then there’s the cost – can you nail all the above elements and stay within budget?
Sophisticated marketers gain an understanding of how all these work together through experience and have a good feel for how to design a high-performing campaign.
To gain this experience, create a detailed campaign plan BEFORE running any marketing campaign. Thinking through all these key elements, and putting numbers into spreadsheets to project campaign success, or ROI.